Heklan is the Regional Developement Agency for the Reykjanes peninsula. It advocates in the interest of inhabitants, communities, institutions and compagnies in the region and represents the development of the economy, society, education, research, knowledge and culture.
The purpose of Heklan is to work in the interests of the residents, municipalities, companies and other bodies to provide coordinated, interdisciplinary services related to education, culture and the economy within the Reykjanes region.
Heklan shall be a leading voice in the development of business, knowledge, research and social and cultural activities and provides a interdisciplinary forum for cooperation and by working towards:
- innovation, development and the nurturing of regional communities and businesses
- greater job development
- effective information provision and comprehensive marketing
- diverse activities in the cultural, artistic and creative industry sector
Examples of services
- Analysis of projects
- Consultation on business plan, budgeting and operating plan
- Strategic planning
- Grant applications
- Workshops, lectures and conferences
- Marketing consultation